Thursday, June 6, 2013

Found Jesus

A drunk was walking along the river side and came upon a baptismal service. Curious, he walked up to see what was happening, and the preacher looked him up and down and said, "Son, I can see your life has been hard, and since you have come here I have to ask you one question. Are you ready to find Jesus?"

The drunk got closer to the water and said, "Yes, I believe that I am ready."

So the preacher dunked him under the water and pulled him back up, and asked, "Have you found Jesus yet?"

The drunk thought a minute and said, "No, I can't say that I have."

So the preacher smiled and dunked him again and held him for a little longer, then pulled him up and asked, "Have you found him now?"

The drunk said "Nope, not yet."

Not wanting a rumor to start saying that he couldn't save a man the preacher dunked him again and held him down for a full minute, then pulled him up and asked, "Surely you've found him now, right?"

The drunk, gasping for air, looked at the preacher and asked "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"

No comments:

Post a Comment